Revised June 4, 2020
• through the Products; and
• in email, text, voice or other electronic communications between you and the Products.
• us offline or through any other means; or
• third parties, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Products.
What information do we collect?
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Products, including:
• Information that may be used to personally identify or contact an individual, including your first name, last name, date of birth, email address, physical address, and telephone number (“Personal Information”).
• Information relating to your present or future health or condition, the provision of health care to you, or payment for the provision of health care to you, including, your medication information (such as prescription number, medication name, dosage, refill dates, refill reminder dates) and diagnosis information (“PHI” and together with Personal Information, “Sensitive Information”).
• Information about your geographic location from you or your device, including your country, region, city, zip code, street address, time zone, latitude, longitude, velocity, bearing, altitude and horizontal position representation information (“Geo-Location Information”).
• Technical data and related information, such as information about your device, internet connection, system, and application software, peripherals and other data related to your interactions with the Products (“Technical Information”).
• Metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device(s), such as camera images and photos (“Metadata”).
• Information from your web browser about your activities over time and across third-party products, applications or other online services (“Online Tracking Information”).
How do we collect information?
We Collect Information That You Provide to Us. When you complete a transaction via our Products or otherwise fill out any forms located in/on the Products, or contact us electronically, we may collect the information you provide to us. This information may include your Sensitive Information. It is always your choice whether or not to provide Sensitive Information; however, if you choose not to provide requested Personal Information, you may not be able to use certain features of the Products.
We Collect Information Automatically. We may automatically collect information through cookies, flash cookies, web beacons, and log files. The information we collect from these technologies may include your IP address, device ID, browser information, the page you request Geo-Location Information, Technical Information, Metadata, and Online Tracking Information. We do not consider this information to be Personal Information. We do not automatically collect Sensitive Information, but we may tie automatically collected information to your Sensitive Information.
How do we use your information?
We may use your information that we collect, including your Sensitive Information, to:
• fulfill the purpose for which you provided it, such as providing you with information, product, or services that you request from us;
• provide support and other services to you related to the Products;
• improve, market or promote our, or Pharmacy’s, products and services;
• compile, synthesize, generate and analyze anonymous usage and other aggregated statistics and information;
• notify you—including via SMS messages and mobile application push notifications—about your prescriptions (such as that Pharmacy has received your request) and about Product upgrades, special offers, updated information and other new products and services offered by Pharmacy or its third party partners;
• make product and service recommendations to you, including manufacturer savings programs and health improvement programs focused on gaps in care; and
• display advertisements, including advertisements from third parties.
We may also use your information for any other purpose we may describe when we collect your information or to which you otherwise consent.
Who do we share your information with?
We may disclose information that is not Sensitive Information without restriction for any lawful purpose.
• our affiliates and subsidiaries;
• our agents, vendors, contractors, doctors, health insurance companies (together, “Partners”) who are required to keep the Information confidential, and only (i) to fulfill the purpose for which you provided such Sensitive Information (such as disclosing your full name, address, and medical information to Pharmacy so that Pharmacy may fill, or refill, your prescription), or (ii) to support our provision of Products;
• Another organization as part of a transaction or potential transaction where we merge with another organization, file for bankruptcy, or sell our assets or capital stock.
• comply with legal process, law or regulation, or to comply with a governmental or regulatory request;
• protect and defend our, or Pharmacy’s, or our Partner’s, rights or property;
• Act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Products or the public.
We may also use your Sensitive Information for any other purpose with your consent.
Pharmacy, to the extent it is a “covered entity” under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”) has its own privacy and security obligations with respect to your PHI. We encourage you to contact Pharmacy regarding their privacy and security practices (for more information regarding your rights under HIPAA, see https://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy).
• use reasonable and appropriate safeguards to keep your PHI that we collect private and confidential;
• alert you in accordance with the guidelines set forth under HIPAA if we are made aware of any unauthorized access to your PHI that we have collected; and
• Provide you access in a reasonable time and manner to your PHI we have collected and made any reasonably requested amendment thereto.
Acknowledgement regarding SMS messages and push notifications.
To the extent the Products enables you to send or receive SMS messages, the standard text messaging rates or other carrier charges may apply to such use. Further, to the extent the Products has push notification capability, by downloading such Product and clicking to allow push notifications, YOU CONSENT TO RECEIVE COMMUNICATIONS, INCLUDING COMMERCIAL COMMUNICATIONS FROM OR ON BEHALF OF US, and PHARMACY AND PARTNERS.
Security of your Sensitive Information.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards designed to protect your Sensitive Information. These safeguards include storing your Sensitive Information on our secure servers behind firewalls and using encryption technology. Despite the actions and precautions we take, no data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of your Sensitive Information and you acknowledge and agree that you transmit it to us at your own risk. However, as noted above, we will alert you in accordance with the guidelines set forth under HIPAA if we are made aware of any unauthorized access to your PHI that we have collected.
Third party products, services and technologies.
Children’s and dependent’s privacy.
While the Products are not intended for use by children under the age of 13, certain caregivers may use these Products for the care of children under the age of 13. We apply the same rigorous privacy policies set forth in the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 to children’s information. If you are aware of information that has been submitted to the Products on behalf of a child under the age of 13 and believes this submission was made in error or with malice intent, please report immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additionally, when you submit Sensitive Information, on behalf of your dependents or patients, you warrant that you have the express permission of such person to do so. If you do not have permission to do so, you should not submit such Sensitive Information as you may be violating HIPAA.
Information Choices and Changes
We may need to communicate with you about the Products, and we would like to make certain commercial offers available to you from time to time. As such, by signing up for our newsletter or by creating an account on the Products, you consent to receive commercial messages (whether by phone, email, text or push notifications) from us or our third-party partners, and acknowledge and agree that your primary phone numbers and email addresses and other information may be used for the purpose of initiating commercial messages. We will allow you to opt-out of receiving commercial messages, but in order to stop receiving any messages from us whatsoever (including administrative messages regarding the Products), you will need to terminate your account.
Additionally, your web browser may allow you to opt-out of our collection of Online Tracking Information by selecting a “do not track” (or similar) setting. However, we do not currently have processes to address those settings or other “do not track” requests, and consequently, cannot guarantee that we will honor such requests. If you do not want us to collect this information, do not use the Products.
Information you voluntarily disclose.
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose Information through any public-facing features of the Products (for example, via public forums), that Information can be collected and used by others. You submit this Information at your own risk. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any Information you choose to submit in connection with these public features.
Your California privacy rights.
If you are a California resident, you may request that we provide you with certain information about the entities with which we have shared our customers’ personal information for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year.
For questions or comments regarding these Terms, please contact us at Lathams Pharmacy Inc., 178 S Main St, Arab, AL 35016 Arab ALABAMA 3501, (256) 586-4132
Governing Law and Venue
THESE TERMS AND YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE SHALL BE GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF ALABAMA, WITHOUT REGARD TO PRINCIPLES OF CONFLICT OF LAWS.
The state or federal courts sitting in Marshall County, Alabama shall have exclusive jurisdiction and venue over any dispute arising out of these Terms and sale, and you hereby consent to the jurisdiction of such courts.
These Terms may not be modified, supplemented, qualified, or interpreted by any trade usage or prior course of dealing not made a part of these Terms by its express terms. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Terms shall not affect the validity of these Terms as a whole and any such provision should be enforced by authorities and reconstructed if need be, to apply to the maximum extent allowable under applicable law. The failure by either party to enforce at any time any of the provisions of these Terms, to exercise any election or option provided herein, or to require at any time the performance of the other of any of the provisions herein will not in any way be construed as a waiver of such provisions. The section headings used herein are for convenience only and shall not be given any legal import.